Monday 29 November 2010

"Old School Britania"

My favourite part of any photo shoot is coming up with a concept, theme and idea’s for the shoot & the overall look- after all its the visual that is captured & sells the product- creating   the overall aesthetics, mood, - along with a slogan, caption or jingle.  As of recent I like writing; I think being able to write concisely is the key. I love styling and photography. I like all kinds of photography but mainly Fashion related.


I have decided that I am going to use my summer project which I have added a series of images  which I titled a "series of six" as they are my favourite shots but I took many more images I will use A Series of Six in Weird&Wonderful.
 OldSchoolBritania” - Firstly for the photo shoot I went around a lot of vintage shops in Liverpool with my models, I picked out the outfits they tried them on I then purchased my favourites. In one of the shops the dresses where to expensive for me to purchase, I there for asked could I use there shop as a location for the shoot as it was perfect homely and cozy the manager agreed, I then brought my purchases and also borrowed items of clothing, accessories and any props- It was ideal, we only had two hours to get the shots I needed it was a great experience and I had to think fast and on my feet and also work around any customers, staff in the shop. My second location was in my work place a bridal shop. I am really pleased with the outcome and love the photo’s, they have the vintage,
 Retro Glam, feel that I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment