Thursday 25 November 2010

Weird & Wonderful

 We have been given the brief to create a magazine spread of all or some of our work from this semester. I am really looking forward to it as this will be my second time of making a magazine as we did in first year in photoshop but we are using Indesign this time around.  Weird & Wonderful is a collection of my work throughout my second year as a Fashion Communication student. I have styled, photographed and edited my work. I choose the title ‘Weird & Wonderful’ as I think it describes my work well, I like the use of alliteration and would be intrigued to see what is inside. I enjoy the work that I do I’d like to think it reflects in my work. I love colour but I really like monochrome photographs, Black and White is timeless and looks sophisticated. I think Polaroid’s are fantastic being able to have an instant image there in seconds; I have two cameras a Cannon SLR and a Polaroid camera. The Images are of my hands on this double page spread, which I took in my first year for a self-identity project. ‘Weird & Wonderful’ is prodomently of images and minimal text so you can make of them what you want.

This is an image I took when researching into flora, I am going to use it for my front cover as it fits well with my theme, title 'Weird & Wonderful' as it is unclear what the image is of at first glance, I like the colours, pattern and texture. I used a slow shutter speed to create the soft, blurred effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment