Sunday 5 December 2010

Flora-FlowerFootwear


Flower Footwear, we were asked to created shoes out of flowers, in my research I had looked at flower’s life cycle from a seed until death, I explored seeds and bulbs, pressing flowers and dying flowers, and I also looked at fake flowers. When creating my shoes I wanted to attempt to capture these stages. I created my first shoe from fake flowers to represent the live, living flowers it is based on one of my favourite pair of high heels and the shoe is life size. The second shoe is based on a ballerina shoe, slipper again made from false flowers representing the living. The final shoe is based on the flowers dying and I used dried flowers to create a wedge style of shoe, which is slightly smaller than the first shoe but also life size,



Step into a fairytale. The shoes are an arty creation not to be worn. They are unique and fit into my theme of ‘Weird & Wonderful’; I have been told they look like Tim Burton, Tim Walker style- very out there, creepy and fun. Which I am proud, as I love both Walker and Burton’s work. My work seems to have that intriguing, strange and erry feel, It is mysterious, unknown, playful and vampish, these themes can be identified throughout most of my work this was unintended & done subconsciously but now I feel that my style has been recognized and am happy about this. I have my own original ‘Weird & Wonderful’ way of working.


No comments:

Post a Comment